Async is a composable asynchronous I/O framework for Ruby based on nio4r and timers.
"Lately I've been looking into
async, as one of my projects – tus-ruby-server – would really benefit from non-blocking I/O. It's really beautifully designed." – janko
- Scalable event-driven I/O for Ruby. Thousands of clients per process!
- Light weight fiber-based concurrency. No need for callbacks!
- Multi-thread/process containers for parallelism.
- Growing eco-system of event-driven components.
Please browse the source code index or refer to the guides below.
This guide explains how to use
async for event-driven systems.
Async is compatible with a wide range of different Ruby versions.
This guide gives an overview of how the event loop is implemented.
We welcome contributions to this project.
- Fork it.
- Create your feature branch (
git checkout -b my-new-feature).
- Commit your changes (
git commit -am 'Add some feature').
- Push to the branch (
git push origin my-new-feature).
- Create new Pull Request.
- async-io — Asynchronous networking and sockets.
- async-http — Asynchronous HTTP client/server.
- async-process — Asynchronous process spawning/waiting.
- async-websocket — Asynchronous client and server websockets.
- async-dns — Asynchronous DNS resolver and server.
- async-rspec — Shared contexts for running async specs.
Projects Using Async
Released under the MIT license.
Copyright, 2017, by Samuel G. D. Williams.
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.